Create Beautiful Open Kitchen Shelving with Lawrence Brackets
Exposing your clutter to the world can be a little daunting. But it’s undeniable that today’s kitchens feature a lot of open shelving that just looks chic and appealing. There is definitely comfort in being able to conceal your clutter behind closed cabinet doors, but many are taking the plunge to organize their most-used and most-loved kitchen items on decorative open shelves. If you’ve been resisting open shelving, take a look at these elegant designer shelves using Osborne’s part# 8776–the Lawrence bracket.
When done right, open shelves can transform your kitchen from ho-hum to attention-grabbing! Our friend Sausha over at Sweet Pickins Milk Paint, sent us photos of her latest project she put together using our economical hardwood brackets. We love how she designed the simple shelves for fast and easy attachment to her wall. She provides a tutorial with lots of great photos to make your own open shelving on her blog. Here are a few highlights of her build:
Since the open-shelving trend in kitchens doesn’t show any signs of slowing down, here are a few advantages to open shelving in your kitchen that may convince you to try it. It may not be a look that works for everyone, especially if you often struggle with messy cabinets, but it might be a great option if you’re looking to inject some fresh, modern decor into your kitchen:
- It’s flexible — take advantage of available wall space where a cabinet just wouldn’t work
- Take advantage of odd-shaped spaces — you can fit a lot of attractive storage into spaces that would otherwise be unusable
- Perfect for your attractive collectibles — surround yourself with your treasures on constant display
- Budget-friendly — much less expensive than cabinets, brackets starting at just $13.76 each for our Lawrence brackets.
- Vignette-friendly — allowing you to switch up your kitchen decor/theme easily
- Super-convenient — you won’t be slowed down searching for things, or opening and closing cabinet doors as you get things out and put them away each day!