Instructions for Assembling Your Barndoor Hardware Build
In this box:
- Door Track (1)
- Roller Assemblies (2)
- Hardware Packs (6)
- Philip Screwdriver
- Drill Bits: 5.5mm, 6.5mm, 8mm
- 10mm metric box wrench
- Tape Measure
- Plumb bob (for some applications)
- Lay track out on your furniture piece to mark where it needs to be. The opening should be about 30mm less than the height of the door (about 1 ¼”).
- Cut the track if necessary. A hacksaw will be the most common tool to use. Slip the door stop hardware (Hardware A) onto the track before mounting it. Position the track where it needs to be mounted and predrill holes for the door track mounting bolts if needed. Some applications may need anchor bolts * (Hardware B); others will just need regular bolts (Hardware C). Install the two end track mounting bolts first. ** Be sure to have proper and level spacing above/below and left/right of the track. Position the door stop hardware close to where you will want them in the end, so they don’t end up getting stuck between hardware bolts. Install the rest of the track mounting bolts in.
- Make a Dado cut in the door for the bottom track mechanism (Hardware F) that will be installed in step 6. The cut will be approximately 7 mm wide and 20 mm high. Mount roller assemblies.
- Attach spacer washers (Hardware E) on top of the door
- Hang the door roller assemblies (attached back in step 3) on the track between the two door stop hardware pieces.
- Slide the door either left or right, past the center line. Attach the bottom track mechanism (Hardware F) on the bottom of the furniture piece, in line with the dado cut.
- Find left and right stop points for the door and move your door stop hardware there. Tighten the hardware onto the track with the Allen wrench (included in the door stop hardware pack) so they remain stationary.
- You have now completed the Barndoor Hardware Installation!
*Anchor bolts are typically used for concrete or brick applications
**To install the bolts, follow the pictorial instructions. Hardware D is placed between the track and furniture piece for the bolt to go through. The washers from Hardware B are used, and either the anchor bolts from Hardware B or the regular bolts from Hardware C.
You can find a printable copy of these and the pictorial instructions here: