For the last few years around Christmas, Osborne Wood Products, Inc. CEO Leon Osborne has partnered with local church The Pointe as a sponsor for their fundraiser event, Buy A Tree, Change A Life. This event focuses on selling Christmas trees and wreaths to benefit children both locally and globally. This year, they also held an online auction via their Facebook page where they offered items and services generously donated by local artisans, craftsmen, and businesses.
The Pointe lead pastor Chad Smith joined Leon on site at Osborne Wood Products recently to discuss the event’s success and shared it via video on their Facebook page. As of the date of filming, December 8th, they had almost completely sold out and only had a few trees and wreaths left.
Money made from this annual fundraiser event goes to benefit children globally and locally. 85% of proceeds go to places like orphanages in Cambodia where children may struggle with poverty and malnourishment, and the remaining 15% stays in the local community, specifically going toward places like the Toccoa Life Pregnancy Resource Center and the Boys & Girls Club.